Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sometimes I'm Sad

Sometimes I'm sad
I dwell in things I can't remember why

A girl on a desert road walking an endless path
The dust engulfs her but leaves her alone all too soon
She finds she must focus on that dust to burn her lungs or it's gone
Gone
Gone
And then what is she left with?
Solitude?
Emptiness?
Happiness? No that can't be right
Why would there be happiness if all she feels is dust
Rather the longing for dust

It's all gone now and sometimes I'm sad
Over what I don't remember

She sits in a hospital bed
Please heal my wounds, my scars, my brokenness
Why?
There's nothing wrong with her
There's no one around anyway
Or so she thinks
She's suffering from blindness
And self loathing
Too much outside
Nothing inside
A lack of proper vision she's told

Sometimes I'm sad
But only sometimes, and I don't remember why

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful.

wiffleball_legend said...

So that is probably too deep for me to get, but it is beautiful. I'm sad sometimes and I have no idea why. I'm just mopey and depressed.

Unknown said...

Isaiah 61:3
and provide for those who grieve in Zion-to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise, instead of a spirit of despair. they will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.

I love you!